How to Keep Baby Nails’ Clean
It’s surprising how much dirt gets beneath those tiny fingernails of a baby. It’s even more astonishing how hard it can be to clean the nails of your kid. If you have a baby, you know the importance of cleaning your baby and ensuring that all parts remain clean. The fingernail may look delicate, but you must ensure that they’re well cleaned.
As you get used to cutting your baby fingers, you will be pleased to discover how easy it is to cut the fingers and ensure it is done in a way that your kid won’t fill any pain. The article explains on how you keep your baby nails clean by regularly trimming them.
Tips for cutting your Kid’s Nail
It is important that as you try to perform this task, you do it when your newborn is very calm, drowsy, or asleep. The following tips will make thing easy;
- Ensure that you have plenty of light to help you see well
- Ensure that you use a special baby nail clippers or baby nail scissors.
- If you can’t do it alone, you can ask someone else to help you in trimming the nails by holding your baby’s hands as you cut the nails
- Make sure that you press your kid’s finger pad away from the nail to stay away from cutting his/her skin
- Trim toenails straight across to avert ingrown nails
Additional tips to keep your kid happy as you cut their nails
You need to follow these tips to ensure your baby is happy as you trim their nails
- Sing or talk calmly to your kid
- If your kid is older, you can try to distract them using an activity or a toy
- Involve your kid in the event as this will help to keep things moving
- Praise the baby for helping you do the job well
Cleaning your Kid’s Fingernails
It is true that trimming the nail will eliminate most of the dirt, there is some little dirt that may remain in your baby’s nail and you may want to remove any remaining dirt. If you find such little dirt, you can follow the following steps to eradicate any excess dirt.
You will require:
- Warm water
- Soft toothbrush
The Cleaning Process:
- Smoothly grasp your kid’s finger
- Wet the toothbrush using the warm water and softly work the bristle against the dirt
- Rinse your toothbrush and repeat as required
As a parent, keeping your baby clean is a responsibility that you cannot afford to assume. The parents must be able to ensure that every part of their child is clean to keep them from harmful germs. It is important to keep the nail of your baby clean by trimming the nails. If done well, it can be an easy job and ensure that your baby feels no pain. The article has given you insightful tips that will help you overcome the fear of trimming the nails and keep your baby clean.